Center pivot machines have been used in irrigation for decades. Center pivots, one of several types of mechanized irrigation machines, can lead to increased yields and less water wasted compared to other irrigation practices such as flood irrigation.
As the name suggests, center pivots irrigate in a circular pattern around a central pivot point. Pivots are capable of applying water, fertilizer, chemicals, and herbicides. This versatility can improve the efficiency of irrigation practices by using a single piece of machinery to perform several functions. Center pivot machines are electrically powered, using either a generator or a public power source.
Center Pivots systems are far superior to irrigation by flooding. The reasons are clear – when you convert to Center Pivot irrigation, you’re using a proven method of conserving water and improving your return on investment in time, labor, fertilizer and chemicals, while virtually eliminating deep percolation and runoff.
Chiraharit is the Authorised Dealer for Lindsay Corporation, USA. Lindsay is the second largest center pivot manufacturer in the world.
Advantages of Center Pivot Systems
- Upto 75% savings on labour
- On an average of 35% less water
- Nearly every case, yields are higher than on crops grown with gravity flow.
- Multiple crops under one circle
- Crop rotation – Can irrigate close seeded crops like wheat and alfalfa because furrows are not needed
- Operate on slopes up to 15%
- 90-95% efficiency in varied climates/soils
- Even water distribution
- Uniformity during windy conditions – 89-91% efficiency with 18.6 mph (30 km/hr) winds using drops
- Reduced runoff of chemicals
- Low per acre (hectare) investment cost
- 95% recyclable component
- Resale capability
- 20+ year operation with regular maintenance
- High-quality construction and components
- Rugged design to handle the toughest field conditions
- Fully automated
- State-of-the-art controls for precise irrigation management and scheduling
- Accurate water, chemical and fertilizer usage reports
- Remote control and monitoring via internet and cell phone